About Wairarapa Funeral Services
Part of the Masterton Community since 1938
For many years Wairarapa Funeral Services has built a reputation of offering excellent service and genuine, caring assistance to the families of Masterton and the greater Wairarapa region.
Formerly Hydes Funeral Services, Mr Hyde was one of the first undertakers to call his firm a funeral service. Hydes Funeral Services was bought in 1938 by the late Harry Lindsey and was renamed Wairarapa Funeral Services Ltd in 1955.
Centrally located in Lincoln Road, Masterton, the company has worked from its present site for the past 60 years.
Wairarapa Funeral Services approach is what you would expect from a funeral firm that has been part of the community for many years – friendly, understanding compassionate and, above all, sincere. The services we provide demonstrate caring professionalism. We know how to take care of the details when arranging a funeral – whether it is being held now or being pre-arranged or pre-paid for the future.
Our location features a large modern chapel, reception lounge, a casket display show room and private facilities for families to view their loved-ones.